Tuesday 6 August 2013

Mt. Isa

This morning I did a tour of the Hard Time Mine - dressing up in overalls, hard hat, boots, belt with a battery attached to it to work the head light.  The mine was built for tourists because the work mine stopped doing tours.  This mine is also used for training purposes too apparently.  The tour took 2 1/2 hours including coffee in the Cribb Room (that is the underground tea room).  Harry and I then had lunch at The Buff Club (no - it is not like it sounds - we were dressed!!!).  After lunch we took in yet another museum and then up to the lookout. Harry said he will cook dinner for me tonight since I have been working in the mine today.
Me before I had my boots and head light - I couldn't take the camera beyond this point.

Mt. Isa from the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment